Monday, January 16, 2012

Pause & Pray




A great, inspiring prayer to keep our mouths shut for most if not
all of the times...

Almighty God you know that I am growing older.

Keep me from becoming too talkative, and particularly keep me from falling
into the tiresome habit of expressing an opinion on every subject.

Release me from craving to straighten out everyone's affairs. Keep my mind
free from recitals of endless details. Give me wings to get to the point.

Give me grace, dear GOD, to listen to others describe their aches and
pains. Help me endure the boredom with patience and keep my lips sealed,
for my own aches and pains are increasing in number and intensity, and the
pleasure of discussing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally, I might be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet. I do not wish to be a saint (saints are so hard
to live with), but a sour old person is the work of the devil.

Make me thoughtful, but not moody, helpful, but not pushy,
independent, yet able to accept with graciousness favors that others wish
to bestow on me.

Free me of the notion that simply because I have lived a long time, I am
wiser than those who have not lived so long.

If I do not approve of some of the changes that have taken place in recent
years, give me the wisdom to keep my mouth shut.

*Thank You God.**


From an email

No comments:

Post a Comment