Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Only Belief, No Action??


There lived a hard-headed farmer in a village. Once a flood hit the village and the farmer had to climb onto the roof of his house.

A rescue boat came along but The farmer told them, "No, thanks. I believe in the Lord. He will save me.”

After some time the waves got even higher and the farmer had to go to the very top of the roof. Another boat came by to save him, but he still insisted that the Lord would save him. Slowly the water began to rise further and touched his feet. A rescue helicopter swooped down to take him away. But the farmer was firm on his belief and depended on the Lord to save him.

....At last....the farmer was drowned in the flood waters....

So, when he stood before the God in the next world, he complained, "Oh Lord, I used to worship you every day without fail. I had a strong belief that you would come to my rescue and would save me. Why didn't you help me?"

The Lord replied, "What more do you want me to do? I sent you two boats and a helicopter to save your life...!"

Moral of the Story ....

Friends, all our beliefs are out of ignorance. One’s belief is only an intellectual conviction. The belief comes only from two sources - either fear or greed. Therefore, one’s belief in God simply indicates the pathology of one’s mind. Only when one is free of belief, one is ready to experience the truth.

It is by one’s actions that one is put right with God, and not by one’s belief alone. Friends, a person who lives in only beliefs is a dead person.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment